- Related Products
-Please choose which units you wish to be assessed on and then give us a call to arrange your exam.
Practical assessment of the use of landscaping machinery. Includes pre use preparation and maintenance, identification of controls and instruments, safe manoeuvring and operation. The assessment is conducted in the context of the type of plant machinery used and the certificate endorsed accordingly: either 180 degree Excavator or 360 degree Excavator or 180 degree Excavator and Loader or 360 degree Excavator and Loader or Loader.
The assessment is divided into 3 units:
Unit 1. Pre-Use Safety - Plant Machinery
Unit 2. Operate a 180° or 360° Excavator
Unit 3. Operate a Loader
Candidates must achieve all assessment activities in the appropriate units.
Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
Candidates who hold the NPTC Certificate of Competence in Tractor Driving and Related Operations - Unit 4, are credited with Unit 3 of this qualification - Operate a Loader.
The qualification will be endorsed either:
a) Plant Machine – 180° Excavator and/or
b) Plant Machine – 360° Excavator and/or
c) Plant Machine – Loader
Candidates seeking qualification endorsement ‘a)’ are required to successfully achieve units 1&2
Candidates seeking qualification endorsement ‘b)’ are required to successfully achieve units 1&2
Candidates seeking qualification endorsement ‘c)’ are required to successfully achieve units 1&3
The candidate will be able to:
- Identify aspects of legislation which apply to the safe preparation and operation of plant machinery
- Prepare the machine for work safely without risk to themselves, other people or the environment
- Undertake a verbal hazard and risk assessment on the site and the machine
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on plant machinery
- State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding of driving plant machinery
- Manoeuvre a plant machine and operate it safely without risks to themselves, other people and the environment
- State procedures to be observed when cleaning and inspecting the machine and reporting defects.
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply give us a call on 01934 86 22 88 we'll provide you with a quote and send you all the necessary information to complete your exam registration. This may include:
- Personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Depending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.