Certificate in the Safe Use and Operation of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
- Related Products
This assessment covers preparing, operating and transporting a work platform. The assessment is conducted according to the type of MEWP that is used and the certificated is endorsed accordingly.
The types of MEWPS include scissor lift, self propelled boom, vehicle mounted to 26 meters, trailer/ push around, insulated aerial device, vehicle mounted over 26 meters and mast climbing or vertical personnel platform.
The assessment is divided in to 3 mandatory units:
1. Prepare the platform for operation.
2. Operate the platform.
3. Prepare the platform for transport.
Candidates must successfully achieve all Assessment Activities unless otherwise specified in all units.
Candidates must be 16 or over.
The Certificate of Competence will be endorsed according to the category of MEWP in which the assessment was undertaken.
Endorsement will be either:
1. Scissor lift
Or 2. Self propelled boom
Or 3. Vehicle mounted to 26m
Or 4. Trailer/Push around Or
Or 5. Insulated aerial device
Or 6. Vehicle mounted over 26m
Or 7. Mast climbing
Or 8. Vertical personnel platform
The candidate will be able to:
1. Prepare a mobile elevated work platform for operation and establish that it is safe to use
2. Operate of a mobile elevated work platform without risk to themselves, others and the environment
3. Operate within and comply with the legislative requirements.
4. State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding in the safe use and operation of a mobile elevated work platform.
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.